When you give clients an outstanding customer experience, they naturally gain a higher level of trust in you and develop a highly positive opinion of your company, employees, products and services. At the point when customers feel most favorable to you, they’re also more likely to be willing to provide high-quality client referrals to family, friends and colleagues. After all, they probably want to give their associates and loved ones the chance to get the same type of tremendous customer experience you’ve just given them.
Here are five ways to increase the chance of getting client referrals by building exceptional customer relationships:
- Respond promptly: If your customers have questions or, worse, problems with your company, respond quickly and professionally to their inquiries. Avoid the use of automated or generic replies; address their concerns directly and precisely.
- Follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution: After you’ve answered a question or resolved a problem, contact your customers again to make sure they’re fully satisfied with the attention they received. Timely follow-up gives you a chance to ask if they need anything else and to present additional subtle marketing messages.
- Keep a positive attitude: Even if the contact with your customer involves a complaint or problem, stay positive and work toward a mutually satisfactory resolution. Customers much prefer to deal with companies that respect their position by providing consistently positive interactions.
- Ask for comments: Solicit feedback and comments from your customers, particularly any observations that can help you improve customer service or your offerings. Even if the comments are negative, look for ways to learn something positive from the information you receive.
- Be grateful: Thank customers sincerely for their purchases, opinions and continued support. Create an appreciation program for your customers that gives them a reward for patronage or feedback, such as discounts, special offers or even just genuine thanks. Being acknowledged and appreciated will create positive feelings and substantially boost customer loyalty and retention.
How can you improve your customers’ experience to not only give better service but also boost referrals from highly satisfied clients?
Image via Shutterstock.com